Atkinson’s Restoration Service Ltd - New Zealand’s Morgan Specialist
In 1948 after converting a 4/4 the Morgan factory produced this car P2100, being the first production Plus 4.
It was built in flat rad configuration and was used as the development car and later received a high cowl.
In 1959, the car still in the factory’s possession was rebuilt in the current style complete with the 373 to 1 diff and high ratio Moss box. The car retained the original bulkhead and the new chassis was stamped with its original chassis number.
The car was used extensively by Peter Morgan and the works manager Goodall and participated in the trials, races and rallies of the day. It was a member of the winning team in the 1961 6 hour relay race at Silverstone.
HUY982 was imported into New Zealand by a private collector in the mid ‘90s and driven straight to the workshop where it received a very sympathetic ground up restoration on the factory chassis with all the work personally completed by Derek Atkinson.
The car still retains its original upholstery and the colour was personally eye matched to the original.
1st Production Plus 4